Monday 3 November 2008

Are Gas Converted Cars All They Are Cracked Up To Be?

We are getting all of the hype for these wonderous, climate-changing cars, but a 50 year-old soon found out that smoking in a gas converted car is a bad idea. As he works for an energy-saving company, he decided to buy one of these liquid petroleum-powered cars privately on October 3rd and had it thoroughly check over twice by a garage.


"I was told you get a slight smell of gas when you fill up so thought nothing of it and wound the window down to freshen the air and put it back up again," he said."I fancied a fag so wound the window down again slightly and then lit up. I was doing about 30 mph and as I lit the cigarette there was an almighty explosion. The windows went out, the bonnet went up and the boot went up just as you see in the Hollywood movies. I was belted in and braked sharply. I can't remember this but I was told that I was directing traffic around the car whilst my suit jacket was still smoking. The fireball singed me on my face, hands and legs and melted my jacket lining and some of my shirt. I looked as if a firework had exploded in my face."


It is thought a leak in the pipe from the filler to the petrol tank allowed gas to seep into the car which ignited when he lit up. Firefighters believe the seats took the force of the explosion, allowing Mr Tidbury to walk away from the blast.


This smoker has now seen the light and he has got a target to quit this nasty habit before Christmas.



1 comment:

  1. I have lung problems but have never smoked but my parents did. Smokers don`t just cause themselves to be ill they cause others to be ill as well. Personally I would increase the tax on them by double and that would put a lot of the idiots who do it off continuing the nasty habit.

    ReplyDelete