Saturday 1 November 2008

Hot-headed Duffy

After seeing the title of this post, you may think that Duffy has been really angry with someone/thing...but no, she is literally hot-headed as she sets her hair on fire while working backstage in the US.

She says "I was in the dressing room and I had music on and candles alight. She blew out the candle when it began to melt. I bent down, not realising it was still lit. Then the entire left side of my hair went up in flames. At that moment, Chris was walking down the corridor to say, Hi", said the Mercy singer, recalling her first meeting with Coldplay frontman, Chris Martin. "I hadn't met him before and the place stank of burning hair. Somebody came in and said, 'Is someone cooking chicken?'. I had black crumbs of hair all down me so I had to give it a chop and pin it back. It was really bad and properly embarrassing. Can you imagine if I had gone up in flames? Nightmare. I honestly saw my life flash before my eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment